Ice-classed ro-ro passenger ferry with environmental solutions. Fuelled by LNG, equipped with electrical batteries for performance optimization and ready for capturing renewables such as solar power and land power at the harbour.
|Lane meters||1300 m (cars only)
790 m (trucks only)
|Breadth, moulded||23.6 m|
|Draught, design||5.65 m|
|Fuel||LNG / MGO|
|Ice class||1A Super|
Deltamarin’s customer: Wärtsilä Solutions Oy, Finland
Wärtsilä’s customer and owner: Midway Alignment and NLC Ferry (Cities of Vaasa, Finland and Umeå, Sweden)
- Designed in partnership with Wärtsilä.
- Contract design suitable for contractual purposes including also Safe Return to Port design.
- Basic (approval) design with Safe Return to Port including model test coordination and architect assistance.
- The new ro-pax ferry carries trucks, trailers, coaches, cars, busses and other wheeled vehicles on the Vaasa-Umeå route. It is part of a bigger EU development project for north Scandinavian transportation routes (Kvarken link) and port investments called the ”Midway Alignment of the Bothnian Corridor” (read more about the EU project here).
- Various model tests were carried out to ensure effective hull form for good ice going performance of the ferry.
Sales, passenger ships
Tel. +358 9 4788 4458
Mobile +358 40 7014 237