|Draught, design||8.3 m|
|Speed, service||24 knots|
Commission for the Owner:
New challenging concepts bring together diverse expertise and knowledge to form partnerships of unique capability to create ground-breaking cruise ship designs. Evidently, one of the best designs ever produced, Solstice and Equinox bear the mark of Meyer Werft from keel to funnel. Typical of the things to come, the extended design team involved one of the most advanced design offices in the world, Deltamarin Ltd and a breadth of fresh air in design innovation, Safety at sea Ltd.
Typical innovation features include:
- Development of Risk-Based Design specification and platform optimization based on the new probabilistic rules for damage stability, SOLAS 2009, the world’s first ship to be designed to this specification.
- Hull form design and optimization for resistance and propulsion using advanced CFD tools in combination with physical model tests.
- Development of 3D digital mock-ups for safety critical spaces.
- Risk assessment for selected installations and systems for normal operations and for emergencies.
- Survivability assessment using advanced timedomain flooding simulations.
- Open deck passenger comfort studies using CFD tools.
- Swimming pool dynamic analysis
- Open deck noise comfort in association with BAE Systems.
Customer Benefits developed together with the Yard:
- Compact, efficient overall configuration based on new probabilistic damage stability regulation.
- Improved hull and propulsion performance. Lowest fuel consumption per tonnage or displacement.
- Verification of design features to meet operational targets.
- Development of novel lifeboat position and configuration.
Ships delivered in 2008 and 2009.
Sales, cruise ships and offshore
Tel. +358 9 4788 4424
Mobile +358 40 0807 587