Deltamarin is reinforcing its position in the global offshore Oil & Gas industry by participating in the Martin Linge FSO project of Knutsen NYK Offshore Tankers AS (KNOT). Deltamarin supported KNOT by providing engineering services to the tanker-to-FSO conversion project.
The Floating, Storage and Offloading (FSO) unit will serve at the Martin Linge field located in the North Sea and operated by Equinor (ex. Statoil). The field, where production is expected to start in 2019, is located 42 kilometres West of Oseberg, at a water depth of 115 metres.
Deltamarin’s scope of work included:
- Piping and electrical (incl. telecom and instrumentation) documentation with part of the design team located at the yard and taking over the entire Aveva 3D engineering model
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning support onboard for piping systems (up to 5 inspectors for 9 months)
- Supporting the client’s document control team in handling a large number of quality document folders
- Taking full responsibility for the Naval Architecture package, including various safety documents, weight follow-up, preparations and execution of an inclining experiment
- As-build documentation covering more than 500 documents from 12 different disciplines
In total, the project lasted for 18 months with top manning of approx. 30 engineers. The overall budget was more than 50,000 man-hours. As the conversion was carried out at the Remontowa Shipyard in Poland, the engineering was led by Deltamarin’s local office in Gdańsk providing local presence and support for the yard.
“We are proud to be able to support the Client by providing a flexible team covering a wide range of experts who were able to quickly react to the issues identified. That included handling a large engineering database and working in a complex regulatory environment. We would like to thank all the engineers involved in this project, our partners and the KNOT project team for the good work and smooth cooperation,“ says Deltamarin’s project manager, Grzegorz Mazerski.
For more information, please contact
Sales, cruise ships and offshore
Tel. +358 9 4788 4424
Mobile +358 40 0807 587